Nominations for the GMA Network Excellence Award 2017 are now accepted!
GMA Network is driven by its passion to excel. As part of its commitment to promote the value of excellence, GMA, in partnership with the YesPinoy Foundation, Inc., honors outstanding graduates who are set to make their distinctive marks in Philippine broadcast media.
I. PERSONAL DATA
The GMA Network Excellence Award will be given to the outstanding students in two categories:
1) Communication: Mass Communication, Multi-media Arts, Advertising or any equivalent course
2) Technology-based courses: Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE), Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Information Technology
The candidate must belong to the graduating class of the current school year (AY 2016-2017).
He/She must be graduating with honors and active in socio-civic activities.
He/She must be an upstanding Filipino citizen, without any criminal record or adverse disciplinary case in school.
II. ENTRY BOOK
• Nomination Form
Candidate may get the nomination form through any of the following:
1. Online - Download via the GMA Network website: www.gmanetwork.com/excellenceaward
2. Printed copies
a. GMA Network Center, Timog Ave., cor. EDSA, Q.C. or GMA Network Studios, GMA Network Drive, Q.C.
b. Any GMA regional TV station
Candidate must submit an abstract/summary of his/her best academic work (thesis, production project, technical paper, etc.). For a group-effort work, the candidate must indicate the scope of his/her participation.
NB: Video support materials must be stored in a DVD/USB.
• Transcript of records (certi ed true copy by the college/university)
• Certi cate of graduation
• Certi cate of good moral character
• Recommendation letter from a person (not relative) who knows the candidate very well – teacher/professor, mentor, community leader, etc. It must indicate why the candidate deserves to be a recipient of the GMA Network Excellence Award.
III. SUBMISSION OF THE ENTRY BOOK
The candidate should submit 5 copies of his/her Entry Book through any of the following:
• Mail/Courier Service (free shipping c/o Air21)
GMA NETWORK EXCELLENCE AWARD
c/o Unis M. Loleng
16F Corporate A airs and Communications o ce
GMA Network Center, Timog Ave. cor. EDSA, Diliman, Quezon City
• Drop off
a. GMA Network Center, Timog Ave., cor. EDSA, Q.C. or GMA Network Studios, GMA Network Drive, Q.C. b.
b. Any GMA regional TV station
Late submission of Entry Books will not be entertained while incomplete entries will be disqualified.
IV. CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
Scholastic Achievement – 35%
Leadership – 30%
Serbisyong Totoo (Social Responsibility) – 30%
Personality – 5%
V. SELECTION PROCESS
• A Screening Committee composed of GMA executives shall determine the top 10 candidates per category.
• The candidates shall be shortlisted to 5 finalists per category by select offcials of the academe (University of the Philippines, Don Bosco Technical College, Angeles University Foundation) and a Commission on Higher Education (CHED) representative.
• The finalists shall each undergo a panel interview by the Board of Judges. He/She must be physically present during the panel interview.
• Two awardees shall be chosen (one from Communication and one from Technology-based courses) and shall each receive P50,000 and a plaque.
• The 8 remaining finalists shall each receive P5,000 and a certificate.
Deadline for the submission of the Entry Book (5 copies) is on June 30, 2017.
For more details, please contact Ms. Unis M. Loleng through any of the following:
Call: 982-77-77 local 1108
Please click this link for the mechanics: Mechanics 2017 .